Friday, June 29, 2012

Gearing Up - Part Deux

More gear.

First, I changed the tires on my ride a few days ago. Switched out the knobbies for some semi-slicks about half the width. Minimal cost really and, more than making the bike ride easier, it's diminished that annoying humming sound from the tires.

Also ordered some cycling gear online and it finally arrived today. I would have opted for faster delivery but this shit ain't cheap. Clipless pedals and shoes. Funny thing is, clipless shoes CLIP into clipless pedals - still not sure where they got that from. I went for pedals that clip on one side and are more traditional on the other because clipping means your shoes are firmly anchored to your pedals and wanted the option for a more traditional ride in case I didn't "get it." I mean, as seen below, "clipping" isn't exactly easy:




The guy's holding onto a wall, takes two minutes to "clip" and still falls over!

Anyway, here are my new toys; wish me luck:




No comments:

Post a Comment