Sunday, June 17, 2012

Like Riding A Bicycle


Wait... it was riding a bicycle.

Not much to report except I can still ride a bike. Didn't wear my fancy new cycling outfit; instead I kept it simple in gym shorts and a t-shirt. Just wanted to go out for a quick spin in the neighborhood without getting too far from the house. After getting the bike ready yesterday, I was a little anxious about traveling too far. The tubes are in bad shape and the tires are showing signs of dry rot. The last thing my barely-there motivation needs is a walk-of-shame while carrying a bike with two flats.

Mileage goal: none
Miles completed: 7.6
Time: 29:13
Avg. speed: 15.6 mph

Climb: 119 ft.
Notable sights: Mandarin Express, Rice 'N Noodle, Baidu Chinese Bistro, Jenni Pho
Lessons: check route for dirt roads before departing; don't skip the caffeine in the morning.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment