Friday, November 30, 2012

The Archives - The Truth


Reading this one reminded me of youth & angst. If I'd been Morrissey, I could have recorded an album from some of these blog entries.

But I wasn't Morrissey. I was just a guy. Same guy I am now. Just a little younger. With a soul patch. Um, and maybe not as good a driver. A little less versed in the game called life. Definitely not as good a cook.



I've said it once. Twice. All week. Tomorrow is World AIDS Day. And this is my last post this week from the archives (I'm going to write something "original" tomorrow - I'm not always lazy!). On that day thirteen years ago, I composed this little diddy on my blog:



December 1, 1999 - The Truth

The truth is, I sometimes don't know what to do.

The truth is, I don't always have such a bright outlook on life.

The truth is, I wish I never had to deal with HIV.

The truth is, I miss all of my friends who have passed.

The truth is, I don't have all the answers.

The truth is, I hate taking my medications.

The truth is, I feel very alone.



The truth is, I sometimes want to give up.

The truth is, I often get scared.

The truth is, I occasionally want it to end so I can stop waiting.

The real truth is, these other truths are what make life such a grand experience.

The truth is, 20 years or 100....I'll enjoy every step.



The truth is, I'm thankful to be here, if only for this moment.

The truth is, I'll never quit living.

Today is World AIDS Day. Remember the truth about your life and others. Share the truth with those you know. Listen to the truth from those who trust.

Live the truth today.

Tomorrow.

Always.

j-

No comments:

Post a Comment